Set a custom domain and sender to send emails from. Send welcome, verification, offboarding, and referral emails with your own sender instead of our regular @getwaitlist.com email.
Steps to activate
- Navigate to "My Organization" on the left side of your dashboard.
- Click Domain and then "Add Domain".
- Add the domain of your sender email. For example, if you want to send emails from email@example.com, you add "example.com". If you want to send from firstname.lastname@example.org , you add "mail.example.com". Click Save.
- Once you have that, note down the DNS records (you will have 3 in total), like below:
- Navigate to the DNS records for your website. This can be hosted on a domain registrar like Namecheap, GoDaddy, Dynadot or a third party service like Cloudflare.
- Add your DNS records from the Waitlist dashboard. This can look different depending on the service you are using. We've included an example of Cloudflare and Dynadot below. Some providers will give you two spaces to enter something in, others will need you to change the subdomain on the records.
- Once you've added your records, click the "Verify" button at the bottom. If it's not verified yet, it will give you an error. It can take anywhere from a minute to 48 hours for the DNS records to be propagated and also verified on our end
- When the domain is verified this is how it can look like:
- Once it's verified, you are ready to add the customized sender. Click on the specific Waitlist you want to add it to, navigate to "Email" and add your values. Click Save.
- The sender information is now saved and will be the default when we send emails to signed up users for this waitlist.
- Note: If you want the same sender across multiple waitlists, you need to add the sender value (Step 9) to those waitlists as well.